Jul 6, 2010

A Growing and a Meaningful Experience

First of all, I would like to thank the Lord and for the sisters who have given me this opportunity to have my exposure in Guimaras one of our mission house in Philippines . I arrived here on June 5, 2010. It is a blessings and I find it wonderful, surprising, and challenging. There are many new things I encounter in the community and in the school. It takes time for me to adjust with the new situations, the new people, the new community and the mission itself. But I entrust myself to the One who can make everything possible and whom as a Subject of our mission. With the help of His grace, now I feel so at home. I am assigned as Assistant teacher (Kinder), and help Sr. Vicky to buy things needed for the canteen.


The First day in the school indeed was an experience of amazing grace; I didn’t know what and how it is to be an assistant teacher. I had no idea about it but the Lord gives me the grace and I let it be according to the situation. Honestly it was exiting and a very tiring day because it was the first day of the school year 2010-2011 for all of us. However, the situation is now becoming friendly, and I am at home with the children and vice versa. I enjoy assisting them, and I do my best in giving attention and in loving them in a simple way I can.
Lastly, through this simple experience, I realize and reconfirm that God is not Speaking only through the PEOPLE but also through the daily EVENTS of our lives and so… my mission is to TRUST IN HIM no matter how hard it is, for He knows what is best for us and His mission.

with Love
Ika Mbawo ( a 2nd year novice  on exposure)