Aug 16, 2015

JUNIORS' VOICES


WHEN I AM IN THE DARK, GOD IS BRIGHTER INDEED”
by Ucha Henakin

              The ten days seminar with Sr.Yolanda Kafka is just like a day. I really enjoy so much those times. Not merely an encounter among the juniours from different batches, but also gaining a lot of inspirations and enlightenments from various sharing. Making me to be aware that i never be alone in our journey. That’s why journey should be kept alive eventhough questions and disturbances are inevitable. Since I come to the seminar with displeasing situation I am, or maybe I could say that I am in disoriented situation. Experiencing darkness for long time, begging God to reveal what is going on me. I am in the tunnel of darkness, keeping walking without knowing when the light is shined. I feel astray at all. But, during these days, I never stop whispering Him to lead me, bring me back home to my inner peace or at least to know what is going on in me. I just let the Spirit works in me. And praised be the Lord, it works. I could realized with a grateful heart and sincere smile that I should be grateful to those experiences that shaking me for I could know myself better, I could have enough time to discern and decide what to do, I could understand that each steps of my formations has its demands. And those demands are not hindrances to stop the journey. It strengthens me that I should not be afraid with the” darkness moments” for just in that moment, I could see God is brighter”. Thanks God for through these experiences, I could know where I should stick on.
When life seems so tough...
when the storm is shaking you
when the day appears so dark...
when the spirit fades away
when everything is so hard....
PRAY, PRAY, and PRAY....

He will take care of you
For the all the moments you need most
Because there is a candle in every soul.

                        “Dear Sr.Jola, Thanks for all. It’s Amazing”

 *****************************************


“To be in unity with Him-to let God write my history and to let my life to be His legacy” 

BY  Ida R. L.Raja. 

             The annual retreat this year done after the juniors encounter which is  accompanied and guided by our general prefect of formation came with her good, joyful and available heart is no other than our dear Sr. Yolanda Kafka Rmicm.

In the juniors encounter she was helping us first by looking back to our past experiences and bringing it up to the now. And departing from it she continued the brain storming by offering the topic about “juniorate” is the time to join action with contemplation. And to find the presence of God in all kinds of my experience.  To allow the reality to touch me and let the world of God to enlighten those experience with the light of the Claretian charism.  

Important topic in this encounter: about my personal relationship with myself, community, with others (general), with God and with my vocation. Here “I” as the subject and not anybody else and “God” the 3rd element, as my only destination and the transformation we call it “the process” as the 2nd element in these journey. Journey of body, psyche and spirit moving towards radical life (accepting the cross), more deep and to have more knowledge towards following Jesus and leaving my own comfort zone in order to join radically to the school of love, the community life and to be in union with Him.
In to be in this union I need to be really rooted in the foundation of my vocation. This foundation is RMICM family. Because in his family my desire was awaken to draw closer to Him, desire to know Him, love Him, follow Him, serve Him and praise Him. In this annual retreat I was brought to reflection as I repeat the quotation from poem that was given by sr. Yola : “ in this Claretian family; I dare to speak daily to God as a blind woman…, and I still dare to speak…” until I find my life purpose in this world.
And to end this reflection during the juniors encounter and during the annual retreat my prayer is to ask God that He may not let me forget everything He has done for me, and ask Him to be my Shepherd and to be centered in Him alone. 

               My heart thanks giving to all the sisters who were being with us during these encounter and annual retreat where ever you are, and thank you so much to sr. Yola for her availability to share her time and knowledge during these encounter, mutual prayers as we do as always. God bless us all!