Oct 16, 2015

TWO MONTHS EXPOSURE  IN ZAMBOANGA COMMUNITY


            I am Silvia Luzinha da Conceicao, a 2nd year Novice, doing my exposure in Zamboanga community, and I wanted to share with you all my joy that I experience.

            On the 2nd day of August, we arrived at Zamboanga, known as a dangerous place. At the beginning when I arrived, I have different feelings arises after another: feeling of nervous (what will I do here or what will I speak), feeling of fear (thinking what will happen to me specially every time in the news we see people died here and there), the feelings of worry, and the feeling of lonely, but yet above all I had that feeling of athomeness and the joy within me makes me to fight against the feeling that I had that time.

            I could say that I was so much enjoying there with all the activities that I had; the community activity such as: together with other congregation we have reach out “to the elderly”, and first week of the month we have prayer together with other congregation, and the activity in the our dorm: every Tuesday I accompanied our dormitorians for Rosary and every Thursday we have our bible sharing with our dormitorians……it was meaningful and at the same time also very challenging for me. And one activity that I attend is that launch together with student of Ateneo to share about vocation, it was done every year so I have the chance to attend it was so nice and inspiring, listening to each other vocation journey. Those activities make me that even days, weeks and months past I could not feel anything. Though I was the only one who had my exposure there but I was not alone, I am supported by so many people specially our sisters in different communities. This supports was one of my strength that I lean on and that make my exposure meaningful and wonderful. I thank God for His abiding presence in my life, and I thank Him also for giving me this opportunity I learn many new things and relearn what I have learn. I thank also our sisters in different communities specially Zamboanga community, Guimaras community and of course Quezon City community who continuously supports and encouraging me during my exposure, and I know also there are other communities are also supporting me maybe not directly but through their prayers, thank you so much for each and every one of you. On October 10, I arrived in Manila.

            Maybe only this that I could share with my experience with you!!!

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!